Tuesday, November 23, 2010

How-To Tuesday: Insert a YouTube video into a blog post

Blogger has a simple button for adding video into your blog, but (at least on my computer) it's upload only. That's only useful if you currently own a video camera that doesn't involve tapes.

Or maybe you DO own a digital video camera AND you're technologically cool enough to have your own YouTube channel and you'd rather link to (and promote) that rather than upload the video into your blog. (Makes sense, since Blogger does have a limit on how much stuff you can actually upload into your blog.)

Or maybe you found a super cute video, or a really interesting news clip or story, or a great music video that you want to share.



Who wouldn't want "Party All The Time" at least somewhere on their blog??

So here's how to do it.

1. If you're already on YouTube, find the video you want to share.

2. Underneath the video, click "Share" and then click "Blogger."

3. A new window will pop open (if you're not signed into your blog, it'll ask you to) and you can create a post with the video right in there.

That's it!

Note: I actually didn't even know YouTube made it this easy til I went to write this post. I was going to go on about clicking "embed" and then copying the code and then clicking "edit HTML" in your blog post and pasting the code in there. Which you can also do. But this is so much more user friendly!! :)


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, can I get a full text RSS subscription from your blog (with proper credit of course)? I can only see excerpts.
This is a clear example of a harmless meaningless post, so why delete it, mr Moderator?
I blog about pretty important issues, but my blog has recently been suspended, any ideas why?
How do people blog on other people's blogs? Can I guest post on your site, I have lots of interesting articles.

General Brain Failure. (A)bort, (R)etry, (I)gnore, (O)h.

Doris Sturm said...

Hello Samantha! Just checking in to see what's new. I hope you're enjoying your new home. I hope you had a very nice Thanksgiving. We had a small party of 3 with Gizzy makes 4, so it was nice and quaint - and vegetarian LOL

Have a wonderful day,
Love,
Doris and Gizzy :-)

Samantha G said...

Hi Anonymous-
I apologize but I really don't know anything about RSS feed. I thought if you sign up to follow someone's blog, they offer you that option, but I haven't seen it so I am not sure.
If you'd like to guest-post on my site you can email me about what it is that you'd like to write about!

Doris- I'm just finally back online with almost a week of no internet, hence not being able to comment on your blog (hard to do from my phone). But I've been wanting to catch up with you and hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well! :)

Anonymous said...

Finally, got what I was looking for!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it. Glad I stumbled into this article! smile I have you saved to check out new stuff you post..

Anonymous said...

Hey very nice blog!! Man .. Beautiful .. Amazing .. I will bookmark your blog and take the feeds also….