Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Want! Want! Wednesday!

I see a lot of "Wordless Wednesday" posts on other blogs and thought filling your heads with even more consumerism than you already have by default if you're living in America might be kind of entertaining. So I'm going to do an occasional "Want! Want! Wednesday" post. Just for fun.

Side note!
Ok, but really, YES... I still hate consumerism and everything wasteful. I also hate how even when you try NOT to give in to it, sometimes you still need to. And that's just the way it is. However, Want! Want! Wednesday is just about fun stuff that I (or you) might be dreaming about.... but probably not about to go out and actually buy. Because then it would just be "Have Wednesday" which doesn't have as nice a ring to it, and would end up turning my blog into something like an episode of MTV's Cribs. Is that still on? Or is it now that dumb show about the teenagers and all the stuff they 'have' when really it's just their rich parents who bought them all that useless crap? Well, anyway.

So here it is! Week 1!


Want Want WANT!!

Seriously, how CUTE is this light fixture for a beautiful tropical-style home!

AND...
They even have a sconce that goes with it!


We're replacing a few of the lighting fixtures in our house (I've got two black rooster ones if anyone wants 'em?) and while looking around for new ones online I came across these. My husband saw it up on the computer screen and knew right away that I liked it and he asked me about it- I can't believe he didn't talk smack to me about it- anyway, even I know that it would look totally out of place in our home. Plus even if I had insisted on getting it, I can't think of any place we would hang it. They're beautiful and unique, no doubt, but probably don't have a place here... which is why they'll both continue to be Want! Want! and admired from afar.................

What silly things do you continue to admire but would never actually go out and purchase... because the item is just not practical, is too expensive, or ya just don't need it?


8 comments:

Miriam said...

I love art and I am happy to follow you back :). Hope to see you around soon at Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

Miriam said...

I love art and I am happy to follow you back :). Hope to see you around soon at Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

Foges said...

whoa there sammy... those roosters are MINE

Karen Martin Sampson said...

I often see things I "want" but won't get...I remember these beautiful, funny ceramic lifesize hands that screw into the wall and hold towels or whatever and I have never stopped wishing I had those!

FishHawk said...

"Samantha's Art Studio" has been included in this weeks Sites To See. I hope this helps to attract many new visitors (not to mention customers!) here.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2010/11/sites-to-see_12.html

Samantha G said...

Karen, I remember those from the Willy Wonka movie, except when the families went to hang their items on the hands, the hands moved and grabbed their stuff from them!! :)

FishHawk, thanks so much for the mention!! :)

Doris Sturm said...

Those light fixtures are very nice. They would look perfect in your "green" room - how's that coming along? I'm just now getting around to catching up with everyone because I've been out of commission for a while and am trying to slow down blogging a bit -at least during this nice, cool weather when I want to spend more time outside.

I'm afraid what I want right now is actually necessary, so I'm not going to wish for anything else till I get what I need first.

Have a great week and a wonderful Thanksgiving if I don't write before then ;-)

With love,
Doris and Gizzy

Samantha G said...

It's ok Doris- Want Want Wednesday is just for silly stuff :) Like you can Want Want your own island (with Johnny Depp?)
In fact, that gives me an idea for this week's post....