Monday, December 6, 2010

One room is DONE! (And a head's up on a great online deal)

First of all, here's the awesome online deal going on right now (not sure for how long)- scroll on down if you just want to see the new bathroom :)

I just ordered new towels (since every. single. one. of my old towels has friggn beach-spots all over them from benzoyl peroxide!) since my friend over at Baby Rabies alerted me to an incredible deal (via http://slickdeals.net/) that I couldn't pass up: I got 10 monogrammed Ralph Lauren towels and 1 hand towel, including the shipping and tax, for about $58. That is about $5 a towel (plus the hand towel and a couple bucks tax).

"Wait?? 50 bucks on towels?" you say.

It's just my husband and me, do we NEED TEN TOWELS? I was going to skip the deal and just go get a couple of new towels from good ol' Marshall's and call it done. But you can't even get a towel from Marshall's for 5 bucks. When I realized this, I caved in and ordered my new monogrammed towels.

Here's how you do it the cheapest way (a face cloth instead of a hand towel makes your total about $55 instead of $58):
Horchow has Ralph Lauren Greenwich Monogrammed 30x56" Bath Towel for $9.99. Place quantity of 10 in your cart and add quantity of 1 Face Cloth) - then use $50 off code HCWINTER = $54.89 for 10 Bath Towels + 1 Face Cloth. Shipping is free with code DECFS.

There are other sizes available as well. Place at least $100 in merchandise in your cart to use the $50 off code.

Since the code takes money off your grand-total, it looks like you could order different sets of these towels if you wanted to order different colors or order them as gifts with different monograms, etc.
Happy shopping!

Now onto bragging rights regarding the new finished bathroom!!
Last night we finished the main bathroom in the house. I even have some pictures!

Here's the before- the walls were a dark pinkish-mauve color and kind of a pain to cover with pale blue-green (but well worth the effort):

(This was the listing picture of the bathroom as the seller had it- Looks like he had the same TP stand that we do!)

Here are the afters:

You can click on the pictures to enlarge them.

I went out to Marshalls (don't you just love that place?) and got the new bathmats, a little trashcan, and some other odds and ends.

I *also* picked up this adorable artwork (it's a print on a really sturdy piece of wood) by artist Robin Renee Hix- I'm not sure yet which wall to hang it on?


http://www.robinreneehix.com/www.robinreneehix.com/Available_Work/Pages/Beach_walks.html#5


Anyway, I promise to get back to artwork soon! ...As of last night, all of the major indoor-painting of the rooms of our new house is DONE. We just need to paint some trim and our new doors, but that will go quickly I'm sure. And once I finish organizing the office, I'll actually have some room to create some new art! Yay!


2 comments:

Jill @BabyRabies said...

Love it!! That is a gorgeous bathroom. Your new towels are going to look amazing in there :) So glad you were able to score the deal. I could NOT pass it up. We need new towels in such a bad way. Now all the bleach stained ones are going to the kids.

Jill @BabyRabies said...

Love it!! That is a gorgeous bathroom. Your new towels are going to look amazing in there :) So glad you were able to score the deal. I could NOT pass it up. We need new towels in such a bad way. Now all the bleach stained ones are going to the kids.