Saturday, June 6, 2009

Inchworm, Inchworm... Bug #22

Saturday's bug:

A sweet little inchworm!


I played around again with a colorful sky, rather than just a blue one. It's so much fun! I was afraid it would come out looking... well, weird, when I did a purple background for the butterfly, but I liked it so much I did it again. Another trend in the series is taking place! :)

If you're in a creative rut, I highly recommend taking on a little daily creativity project for yourself. I love that I have to come up with the concept and execution start to finish each day. I might have an idea ahead of time, but usually don't begin sketching until the day I'm creating that bug. Just in this series I can tell I've grown so much and learned a lot from experimenting and trying new things!

I think it's a great exercise for any artist! :)

So... Any suggestions for the last few bugs? I can't believe I'm almost done! I'm kind of sad, but also looking forward to what other projects I may take on after completing these bugs! I might turn a couple into larger paintings, or maybe even tote bags or other fabric projects. Who knows?

Update:
I am SO flattered! My little inchworm here was featured on ACEOshowcase.com!
http://aceoshowcase.com/inchworm/259


1 comment:

Doris Sturm said...

I love little inchworms...very sweet!