Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Artsfest...


I had such a blast at Artsfest this year and was so excited that I was invited to show there again!
This year I was able to display on the pavement in the Tent Circle versus the Wooded Path. Don't get me wrong, I loved being in the woods, but wanted to try something different. Plus, both other shows I did this year were in the woods, so it was nice to be on some solid ground! :)

The best thing about being on the pavement was the spot that I was assigned: It was really really close to the entrance, which meant both of my grandfathers were able to come and see me. My grandfather who lives in Maryland takes walks every day, but I don't think he would have wanted to take the hike all the way back to my booth had it been in the woods. My grandparents from Virginia happened to be in town that weekend, too, so they also came by. My granddad had knee surgery a year or two ago, and still walks quite a bit, but I am not sure if he would have wanted to walk all the way back into the woods either.

It was neat getting to show them a little bit of what I'm doing now.

The weather during the weekend was PERFECT, and it was just a wonderful show to finish out my outdoor season.

This was also the first time I did a giveaway at a show, and congratulations to Kathleen who was the big winner! I'm still waiting to hear which print she picks.


2 comments:

Doris Sturm said...

That's wonderful, Samantha. You are so photogenic! You have such a lovely smile!

I'm glad you had fun and visits from family. Sounds like time well spent :-)

Samantha G said...

Thanks Doris! I wish there were more shows down in MD I could do, so I could see more family... but next year I plan on applying to at least 3 of them in Virginia where I can stay with my grandparents :)