Monday, October 5, 2009

New Dragonflies drawing!





"The Dragonfly Meeting"


8"x10" colored pencil & ink drawing

Currently $120 as it is not framed

$145 when I have it framed.











I recently finished this drawing but hadn't gotten a chance to post it on ye olde bloge yet... so here it is!

If you're interested in buying the original, you can email me at samanthasartstudio@verizon.net. I haven't bought a frame for it yet, but would be happy to ship it to you unframed in a plastic sleeve and you can pick out a frame. I have a blue frame in mind at a local frame shop... just need to take the picture and compare colors to make sure it won't clash!

For prints of this drawing, just click the image or go to my new online gallery here:
http://www.imagekind.com/showartwork.aspx?IMID=b9ca77eb-f705-49c8-9136-723956f8256e

I don't think this will be the last of my dragonfly artwork. At various art shows I've been asked countless times if I have any dragonflies, so this is the first full size drawing. Lately I've been doing a lot of smaller artwork- I can produce it quickly and sell it for less than a big ginormous painting that takes months and months. Because of this, I'll probably be doing some series (3-4 pieces) of different bugs since I'm used to having one subject matter in mind for months at a time. For instance, I'm already working on another spider... I hope to eventually have 4 of them as well.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this!
Hope you are doing well

Peace - Rene

Doris Sturm said...

Very pretty...love the dragonflies - been seeing lots of them around this year!

Have a good week :-)