Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Another Christmas gift...

A set of 3 paintings (each 11" x 14") that I made a friend for Christmas:


Totally different than my usual stuff, I know. I wanted something that I could get done quickly and I had seen a lot of examples of paintings that she liked, in this style and subject matter. Birds, silhouettes, a touch of orange were the criteria I believe! :)

I'm debating whether or not to do a whole series of these. On one hand they are really fun, and I can get them done quickly. But they are so different than my usual work, and I don't know that I want to completely let go of that.

Then again, artists always seem to be playing around with different ideas, taking a break from their usual work and sometimes going back to it later. Maybe that's what I need to do, too.

Anyway let me know if you like it :)


2 comments:

My Owl Barn said...

These are great! The color palette is lovely.

Samantha G said...

Thank you! :) I am hoping to do some more of these and play around with different color combinations...