Tuesday, May 11, 2010

2 timin'

I've been scarce on this blog and my artwork due to a lot of training... my first triathlon is in less than 2 weeks. And wouldn't you know, when I should be at my peak performance-wise, I've got a sore back that I'm trying to keep rested?? Anyway, I've been blogging about my experiences training for this race (and hopefully more will follow if I enjoy my experience)! I am a total newbie at this, and when I say that, I MEAN it. Not like some who say "I'm a newbie to triathlons. Oh but I've raced in mile swims before and done century rides and run marathons, no big deal." Um, no. This girl ran a 5k once like 3 years ago and then stopped running for a while due to a knee injury. My first experience on a road bike was this past January, and same with my first experience learning to swim with my head IN the water. Anyway, if you're wondering what I've been up to in my spare time, here 'tis:

http://sammytheseeker.blogspot.com/

I am still working on my caterpillars though, and plan to post a pic of my progress once I get a coat of paint on all the leaves I'm currently working on :)


1 comment:

Doris Sturm said...

You are doing really well, Samantha. I saw on your side bar you have exceeded your goal on one of your fundraising committments already. No wonder I've not heard from you as much as in the past. I knew you're training, but didn't realize to which extend till I went on your other blog.

That header photo of you in the bathing suit with the googles is so cute ;-)

Thanks for the book, Samantha. I got it out of the mailbox today. Don't know when it arrived for sure because I only check my mail once a week or so.

Good luck with your training and continued success.

Your friends,
Doris, Gizzy and Middi :-)
(Ra, ra, ra, we are cheering you on - we know you can do it! Goooooooo, Smantha!)