Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Art Studio: temporarily closed!

In case you haven't been following along, I'm moving!... this weekend. Probably. Maybe. Ok, I have no stinkin' idea what's gonna happen at this point. But I do know that the art studio, for the most part, is all packed up. No more paintings. No more prints. (For now.)

(However, if you're just dying for a print from yours truly, they're available here at imagekind AND you can even get them framed for really super reasonable prices!)

So... about the move.

A few weeks ago, we found out the house had mold. The seller agreed to have it remediated.... fine. I guess.

Yesterday was the day that the house was scheduled to get its mold inspection. At this point we haven't gotten the results, but during this inspection, the mold inspector found something eeeeeiiiiiiiiinteresting in the basement. Something that had been... overlooked before.

Can you guess? Oh come on, Just guess.

Yummy... delicious... fraying... falling apart... asbestos insulation on the ceiling.

You can imagine my reaction.

See how it says "Party all the time", but Eddie looks waaaay too serious to party? I bet he wrote "Party all the time" when he was caught up in the euphoric excitement of buying his first house, then right before they took this picture, one of 'his people' called up and was like "Uhhhh, Eddie? Just found toxic carcinogens all up in your ceilings man."

So after doing all this fundraising to help cure cancer, I'm about to be the proud owner of a cancer factory!!! That's right, so if you know anyone who could use some extra cancer in their life.... just send 'em on over.


Doris Sturm said...

So what can you do about it? Can all that asbestos be ripped out? I would not move in there...not with asbestos and mold...go camping instead!

Samantha G said...

If we move in there, we'll get it taken out before we settle or else before we move in at least- one way or another.