Thursday, February 2, 2012

Newbies- er, New Bees!

Here is the drawing that I mentioned at the end of my last post! I didn't want to upload it before it was given to the recipients. I know the chances that they *just happen* to read my blog or anything related to it are pretty much 0.00000000000000000000000000000001% but I felt it was more respectful to wait to post it.



So in my head, I've been calling the piece "Nectar," partly because, of course, that's what the bees are feasting on in this picture. But also partly because I had just downloaded Tindersticks' first album and was enjoying listening to it on repeat while I was drawing. One of the songs on it is titled "Nectar" which seemed quite appropriate :)




I'm working on a box with some decoupage of this drawing in there... it'll be up in my Etsy shop eventually, which, by the way, is up and running again!! Yay!


2 comments:

suzanneberry said...

LOVE the bees, love the painting!! love your blog!

Su said...

Wow it's beautiful! :D