Sunday, April 19, 2009

Earth Day? How about Earth Week?

I know for anyone concerned about the environment, every day is Earth Day! But there are almost always ways that all of us can improve in our efforts toward conservation, so I thought I'd try to do something special (meaning: different from the things I normally do) this week, to put forth a little more effort and hopefully incorporate new and better practices into my lifestyle.

The first thing I did was order myself some reusable produce bags last week. I always bring reusable bags to the grocery store, but I hated to buy vegetables or bulk items like raisins, rice, nuts, etc. and still end up with 3 or 4 plastic bags each time. Ugh! I was so happy because these arrived on Saturday, just in time for Earth Week! :)


I ordered them from Thumperlove's shop on Etsy. Etsy has a great selection of reusable bags, and not only were Thumperlove's prices great, but the location from which they came was just a couple of states away. It seemed a little counterproductive for me to order an ecofriendly product from the other side of the country. Anyway, to check out more of Thumperlove's reusable produce bags, go here:

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5038603&section_id=6031680

I had been trying to put off going to the grocery store until they arrived, and since they arrived this weekend, I was able to go last night.

They're made from nylon netting, a double layer, and weigh almost nothing- so you won't be charged any extra on the products that are sold by weight. Awesome!


No comments: