Monday, May 18, 2009

"30 Bugs in 30 Days" #3

Click on him to see him in my Etsy shop :)


My third ACEO in my "30 Bugs in 30 Days" series is complete! A grasshopper, based on a combination of colors from my imagination and somewhat based on real photos.

He's standard ACEO size and created in black ink and colored pencils. It's been a really long time since I drew anything cartoony like this- and by "cartoony" I just mean with the black outlines and no gradients/shading within the piece. There is a little shading on a couple of the grasshopper parts, but I wanted to keep that to a minimum and keep this one as simple as possible, just to do something different than I normally do.

Thanks for the recommendation of a grasshopper from my friend pixy0stix on Twitter!


5 comments:

Christine said...

Nice grasshopper! :-)

katiev said...

oh does this mean you are taking requests? if so, i would like to see a dragonfly sometime this month kthnxbai!

Samantha G said...

Thanks very much Christine!

Katie I'm taking requests, yes :)
In a way it's almost like doing a commission, doing something suggested by someone else. Although it feels almost like cheating since on those days I don't have to come up with the subject matter!

Lucky Girl said...

I like this one the best of the three so far. Can't wait to see #4!

Breno said...

Oi eu sou o Breno.
Desculpa deixar esse recado desse jeito. Mas eu gostaria que você observasse como está sendo tratado o meio amiente em Santa Catarina, penso que é uma causa de todos nós.


http://diariodobrasil.extrablog.net/

Se possível,ajude a repassar essa informação.

Obrigado!