Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Bumble Bee & Rose: Bug #26


I knew I wanted to include at least one composition with some bees in my series. I did honeybees for Bug #6, but knew I wanted to eventually add a bumble bee, too. So here he is, in his giant, fuzzy glory! Actually maybe too giant... I tried to illustrate a small, baby rose bloom here with the small petals all packed in together, not fully unfurled. But I think I just ended up making the bee look REALLY HUGE.

Huge bees.... Awesome. All the more fun for petting.


1 comment:

Doris Sturm said...

Awww, I love those big ole bumbling bumle bees...I wonder how they ever get off the ground ;-)

We have tons of them now on the blooming crape myrtles and I'm going to go out later and capture one with my camera! They're not as quick as the honey bee and I should be able to get a good one, even with my limited talents.

Nice picture!