Thursday, September 16, 2010

Paint Samples

Blogging at 1:00am left me too tired to include color samples in the last post... what a cop-out! This is an ART blog, I can't get away with that!!

You want PICTURES and you want to see COLOR!!!
I aim to please :)

I played around online with Behr's painty-tool-thing. On the Behr website, you can enter in a specific color name and then play with pictures of rooms, put it on the walls, etc. Of course computer monitor colors vary, so they may not be 100% accurate, but you get the idea!  I couldn't color the furniture in the photos, so you'll have to use your imagination until I can post real pictures of the actual rooms... but at least this is something, right?

Here's the Master Bedroom in Honey Moth: (I love that name, don't you?!) 
The color of the nightstand in this photo is the color of our wood floors. Our bedding is the greenish color in the upper left color palette and our furniture is close to the dark brown in the upper left color palette. Our trim is white like in this photo.

This is the guest room in Light Mint:


Yeah, I know, same photo... hehe. Behr's site didn't have a whole lot from which to choose!
We decorated this room with maps, hence the color palette that I chose. The trim is white,  and we've got a big framed map with pins in it of the places we've been. Right now it's only North America, but maybe next year that will change and we can get a world map. We've also got a globe and some other fun map-y travelly stuff.

Here is the office in Honeydew: (in person this color is much brighter!)

Pretend it's not a kitchen. I didn't see any office sample photos that would resemble mine, this was the closest I saw! It will have darker green (that color is called CATERPILLAR!) and bright blue accents..... maybe... hopefully.
...Ideally!

Here is (sort of) the dining room in Cheerful Hue: (I think that was my husband's favorite color name!)


In the color palette, the tan is the color of our couches (the dining room is big enough for a table and chairs on one side and then couches/a TV at the other end). In the color palette, the green looks about right for our table and chairs, but in the actual picture it is showing way too bright! It's really a dark-green-stained wood table and chairs. The red is a terra-cotta tiled floor, closest I could do in this photo.

And here's an idea of the dark teal that's in most of the house that we love:


Like the others, the colors in the palette are more accurate than those of the room. The walls are a little darker than this, the wood is a very dark cherry. The furniture will be dark brown, and there will be lots of green plants :)

So there you have it! Some idea of colors. I'll be haunting your home-improvement blogs in the next few weeks to get lots of ideas... I'll be sure to keep things updated.

And now off to get ready for ARTSFEST!!!
http://www.annmariegarden.org/

Hope to see you there :)


5 comments:

Jill @Babyrabies said...

I love the colors, Sam!! Have fun at artfest :)

Doris Sturm said...

So, are those the colors you are choosing for your house or is this just an example? I personally like the honeydew and light mint the best...they seem to agree with my eyes. I can't wait to see what you come up with...isn't it fun to decorate and paint the way you want to? I wish I could do that here. I hate white walls!

Have fun at the Artfest, Samantha! and happy selling!!!!

Love,
Doris and Gizzy :-)

Lyndzie F. said...

These colors are great Sam!! Especially the dark teal! It sounds like your home may be very close design/color-wise as our eventual home. I'm excited to see how it all comes together for you.

katiev said...

thank you for posting this entry, because i have been meaning to use one of these websites and now i have a link! ta-da! you are so inadvertently helpful :)

Samantha G said...

Thanks for the comments everyone! I had a blast picking out paint. Even the painting itself wasn't so bad :)